The ISO and UL standards applicable for the Borescopes make them high quality products that last longer and work under extreme conditions. The quality of images and videos produced by them offer you the top solutions for your pipeline problems. You need to follow certain guidelines while selecting the best of Borescopes for your needs. Some of them are explained briefly here. You might be a professional plumber, hydraulics engineer or construction specialist. You will certainly benefit from the standard hardware and software features installed in the devices.
The first option you need to observe is the device’s ability for switching between eye-piece and camera at the viewing end. This gives added flexibility of live views while inspecting pipelines. The body of the ocular lens is generally made of aluminum or steel with options to rotate through 360-degrees.
Borescopes Assembly Standards
- External Body: – The external body of the Borescopes is normally made of steel, brass, copper or the combinational alloy. Make sure the external body is coated with rustproof paints. The tube shaft of the device gives additional protection to the internal working parts from heat, pressure and other extreme conditions.
- Internal Body: – The internal architecture of the standard Borescopes is made of soft steel with tube assembly. All the internal components and parts are housed within this assembly. Check for quality certificate for the lenses, prism, camera and other optical components. Option for disassembly is highly preferred as you can perform repair, replacement and regular maintenance tasks easily.
- Lens Assembly: – The standard Borescopes come with a primary objective lens and multiple enhancing lenses within the tube assembly. NANO Coating is done to enhance the light absorption capacity. You can test the working of lenses by observi8ng for chromatic and other aberrations.
- Lighting Assembly: – Borescopes with fifth generation of 3-stage LED are stated to work best to produce brightest illumination. The internal surface area of the light source is generally painted with reflective medium to enhance the intensity of lighting. The fiber optics within the assembly helps in enhancing the output by multiple times. The recommended life of each lamp in the LED assembly should be at least 5000 hours.
- Camera Assembly: – The power packed camera assembly of the Borescopes is to be preferably supported by a computer chip for enhancing image size while maintaining the quality and resolution. Check whether the image sensor of the camera is CMOS since this is the recommended standard for professional Borescopes. Opt for color camera since it can display the natural colors of the objects being inspected. Make sure the focal length of the camera is high enough to probe objects below the depth of 150feet.
- Eyepiece Assembly: – The optional replaceable eyepiece assembly should preferably consist of a Penta prism. This will help in streamlining the image orientation in a proper manner. Moreover the prism is useful for enhancing the image quality and clarity by multiple times. An option for prism rotation gives the capability for oblique and retro-views during the inspection process.